Skip to content
CAN’T MISS PRESERVE HIKING TRAILS
- Trestle Bike Trail – This 19 mile wild/urban trail in Rhode Island visits a super lake and features a steel bridge over one of the lakes at the hike’s halfway point. This hike is considered moderate difficulty and it’s a great way to explore Rhode Island at its best.
- Goddard Park at North Kingstown, RI
Located just off US1 at East Greenwich this 5-mile loop allows for sweeping, panoramic views across a lush green golf club and woods trails by the Narragansett Bay.
- New York / New Jersey Trail Conference – Since 1920, the New York-New Jersey Trail Conference has partnered with parks to create, protect, and promote a network of over 2,000 miles of public trails in the New York-New Jersey metropolitan region.
- Rails-to-Trails Conservancy – Transforms unused rail corridors into vibrant public places—ensuring a better future for America made possible by trails and the connections they inspire.
- Appalachian Trail Conservancy – The Appalachian Trail Conservancy’s mission is to preserve and manage the Appalachian Trail – ensuring that its vast natural beauty and priceless cultural heritage can be shared and enjoyed today, tomorrow, and for centuries to come.
- My own story …. Why did I start Hiking
Key Links on Fitness
- Metformin – Diabetes Self-Management – Most of the millions of people who take it don’t give it a second thought, but humble metformin may well be the closest thing we have to a miracle drug.
Advocacy on Health
- Health Journalism – The Association of Health Care Journalists is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing public understanding of health care issues.